Liz Savage's vigorous and positive General Election campaign has shown that Labour can win in Southport. Liz doubled Labour's share of the vote and achieved a swing from the Liberal Democrats of a massive 14.3%. Liz said "I want to thank everyone who voted for me. This result shows that our positive message concentrating on key local and national issues was well received. My team and I look forward to Labour securing an historic win in Southport in 2020."
- John Pugh Liberal Democrat 13,652
- Damien Moore Conservative 12,330
- Liz Savage Labour 8,468
- Terry Durrance UK Independence Party 7,429
- Laurence Rankin Green 1,230
- Jacqueline Barlow The Southport Party 992